· Oregon ranks 42nd for conservatism of states, Idaho 7th.
· Oregon ranks 43rd for regulatory freedom, Idaho 3rd
· Oregon ranks 31st in public safety, Idaho ranks 5th
· Oregon ranks 40th in fiscal security, Idaho 11th
· Oregon ranks 30th in occupational freedom, Idaho ranks 2nd
· Oregon ranks 18th in gun freedom (before the new laws), Idaho 4th
· Oregon requires a Concealed Handgun License; Idaho residents don’t need one
· Oregon ranks 3rd highest in cost of living, Idaho 33rd
· Oregon ranks 38th in Crime & Corrections, Idaho 8th
· Oregon enacted 632 laws in 2019, Idaho 329.
· Oregon Corporate Activity Tax; Idaho none
· Oregon Pro Carbon – Cap and Trade Tax, Idaho no
· Oregon: poor predator control. Idaho: most effective controls.
· Idaho is the state with the 8th smallest tax burden, and Oregon ranks 33rd
· Oregon’s highest income tax rate is 9.9%; Idaho’s is 6.925%
· Corporate activity tax of .0057% and $250 on business with a gross revenue over $1M. It doesn’t matter if the business loses money or not. Example: $1M in revenue, the tax is approx. $5,000.
· Proposed $700M Carbon Tax.
· Oregon Estate tax on top of Federal Estate Tax; Idaho none.
· Proposed $5,000 home sale tax on homes selling more than $500,000.
· State-wide employee transit tax withheld from all employees.
· Proposed Mattress Tax
· Increased Hotel / Motel Taxes
· Increased Gas Tax
· Dealer Vehicle Tax
Oregon doesn’t have an official Sales Tax like Idaho. Guess what? Oregon has burdened businesses with taxes and fees Idaho doesn’t have. In order for Oregon businesses to stay in business they must pass theses extra costs on to the people who purchase their products. Yes, Oregon has hidden sales taxes in their business taxes.
Combining all taxes together, including sales tax, the average Idahoan pays $1722 less in taxes per year than the average Oregonian. That’s averaging together every adult or child, employed, retired or unemployed. And cost of living is 39% higher in Oregon than in Idaho. Oregon tax rates will continue to go up due to a lack of willingness to control spending.